The Memorial Ground was kindly donated to the Parish of Williton in 1924 with a covenant that it be used for recreational purposes of the parishioners.
It used to be two or three meadows lying in the middle of the village, and is bounded by houses on Long Street, etc etc and the doctors surgery.
Williton Parish Council is Trustee of the Memorial Ground, which is legally established as a charity. This means that we spend a considerable sum each year on its’ upkeep, and have to pay for the ground staff, the upkeep of the buildings on the Memorial Ground, and the children’s play area. The ground and the changing rooms are available for hire.
New play equipment has now been installed in the Children’s Play Area and is a wonderful additional facility to the ground.